Wascana Racing Canoe Club
Job Title: Summer Camp Leader
Term: Full time (June 20th through August 28th)
Reports to: Head Coach and Administrator
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills with athletes and parents.
- Ability to develop good rapport with people of all ages who have expressed a willingness to learn the sport of canoeing and kayaking.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other coaches.
- Maintains an overall positive atmosphere while coaching.
- Willingness to take on miscellaneous tasks, such as dock supervision, passing on information, maintaining equipment and facilities in a clean and tidy manner and repairing equipment.
- Coaches participants in the Learn-to-paddle introductory program.
- Works as part of a team of coaches to ensure that the highest quality program is delivered to participants.
- Teaches introductory canoe/kayak skills to athletes as assigned by the Administrator or Head Coach.
- Coaches other introductory programs such as U9 Summer Camp.
- Communicates with participants and parents and encourages them to continue participation in other Club programs.
- Willingness to get Canoe Kids Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid training
- Motorboat License
- Respect in Sport Certification
May 1, 2021. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for more information.