Date: January 28, 2019
Wascana Racing Canoe Club is looking for an Administrator\Assistant Coach for the upcoming Canoe Kayak season. The job is full-time from May 1st– August 30th, and part-time throughout the fall and winter months.
The role will involve helping kids reach their potential through the power of sport and recreation through practice planning, plan delivery, volunteer recruitment, registration collection, coaching, report writing, evaluation follow-up. As well as working with a variety of families of various backgrounds in our community, children with differing abilities, and different cultural backgrounds.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com March 1st, 2019.
Reports to: WRCC Commodore\Head Coach
- Working towards a degree in Education or a Bachelor of Kinesiology;
- Willing to obtain ELCC Certification with the job applicant working toward advanced coaching certification (Competitive Development or ELCC Advanced certification);
- Current CPR and First Aid training;
- Willing to obtain a Motorboat License;
- Coaching experience and education experience is a necessity but is not necessary,
- Work collaboratively with other coaches;
- Updates the club website;
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills with athletes and parents;
- Ability to develop good rapport with people of all ages who have expressed a
willingness to learn the sport of canoeing and kayaking;
- Works to meet membership and regatta goals as established by the WRCC Executive, HP
Director and Head Coach;
- Communicates with the public about Club programs and registration for programs;
- Communicates with Club membership about schedules, events, programs;
- Schedules coaches and monitors staff with Head coach;
- Assists Head Coach to develop program promotional materials and a marketing plan;
- Facilitate bookings and budgets for Club trips/regatta’s;
- Collects registration forms and fees;
- Organize Club events (Awards night, BBQ’s);
- Helps run introductory courses and mentor part time staff.
- Teach canoeing and kayaking skills to program participants